cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am stuck with my stm32 nucleo 64. the problem is that it is not responding to any of the code and i am beginner so i dont know how to solve it. the problem

Pkuma.5
Associate II

0693W00000DmkV3QAJ.jpgI did not set anything though. I did some researches and I try some things :

• Change the Option Bytes in Target > Option Bytes > Read Out Protection. I don't know if it is relevant of the actual RDP state but when I open this tab, the RDP is on Level 1. When I set it to 0 and click on Apply, after few seconds an error is displayed saying Could not set Option bytes! Please reset the target and retry.

and also the flash size of stm32 nucleo is of 512kb but on stmcubeprogrammer it shows 8mb.

0693W00000DmkUtQAJ.png

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

> stm32 nucleo 64

What board specifically, this one?

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-f401re.html

If this is a clone/counterfeit/knock-off board, could be due to the hardware just being bad. If not, I would return it.

The size of the flash is in ROM memory. If the chip is reporting 8 MB consistently, clearly something is wrong.

You could also try ST-Link Utility.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pkuma.5
Associate II

i also tried st link utility.

but didnot got the result.

i dont think it is a clone one .

0693W00000DmuNJQAZ.jpg0693W00000DmuMzQAJ.jpg0693W00000DmuMpQAJ.jpg

TDK
Guru

Yep, seems like a genuine board.

I can't think of a reason it would behave this way other than faulty hardware.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pkuma.5
Associate II

can u help me,

what should i do now as its only 4 months ago i purchased this and even i was not able to explore this board.

unlucky!!!!!

Not sure what I can do really. Like I said, if it were me, I would try to return it if it wasn't your doing. Or buy another one.
I can't think of any reason why it would be reporting 8MB of flash (along with the other symptoms) unless it was damaged, but I could be missing something.