cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX doesn't generate the project well, it left MXTmpFiles when I build the configurations.

Santiago_Deliotte
Associate II

Hello.

I'm using the lastest version of STM32CubeIDE, 1.12.1.

The problem occurs after configuring al the STM32CubeMX perifereals and I try to build the project so it generates al the files that I need. But when I press the yellow wheel icon, the project doesn't generates well, it leaves MXTmpFiles in the project list of files, like you can see in the first image:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bj3aBQAQ.png 

After that, if I try to click on any peripheral to configure it, I can't, the click doesn't work.

Sometimes if I click many times on the wheel it deletes the MXTmpFiles folder and compile the project, but it's not deterministic, it can occur the first time or the fifth (or sometimes never).

I tried to delete and re install the program but it didn't work, it still happens, in all my projects.

Is it a kind of bug or is there something that I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Santiago_Deliotte
Associate II

I just solved it. The problem was that I was working in a project folder within a Dropbox repository that was connected to the internet. Once I disconnected it, old projects that seemed broken forever started working again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Santiago_Deliotte
Associate II

I just solved it. The problem was that I was working in a project folder within a Dropbox repository that was connected to the internet. Once I disconnected it, old projects that seemed broken forever started working again.