cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing X-Cube 'Packs' fails: Invalid zip file or missing expected Pdsc file within pack root directory.

KevinA
Senior

Installing X-Cube 'Packs' fails: Invalid zip file or missing expected Pdsc file within pack root directory.

I get this trying to Help/Manager embedded software packages/From Local... file en.x-cube-cellular.zip

I have downloaded and have spent hours reading UMxxxx.pdf files full of fluff but none so far have described how to actually load an X-Cube pack.

I first ran into this issue in February and posted, I checked, no reply after two months...

1 REPLY 1
Guillaume K
ST Employee

The X-Cube expansion packages are not "CMSIS packs". They are not installable through CubeMX's "Manage embedded software package" menu.

Just unzip the package 's .zip in a directory (not too in-depth in the directories hierarchy).

In CubeIDE Project explorer use right-click menu "import.. / existing project into workspace" and browse to the folder which contains the CubeIDE project files .project and .cproject.

example:

STM32CubeExpansion_CELLULAR_V5.1.0\Projects\STM32L496G_Discovery\Demonstrations\Cellular\IDE\STM32CubeIDE\DiscoL496_RD_BG96v2_STMOD