cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find function - where are the results?

MBaum.7
Associate III

I am looking for a find function over the whole project. While Ctrl+F seems to work only on the active file, the more advanced Ctrl+H should work over all files. The search function executes (green progress bar going to 100%) and the searched text is than marked in the active file. But how do I jump trough all find occurrences? Where can i see the list with the find results?

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

in IDE -> edit window : mark some text with pressed left mouse button ;

0693W00000aJVmeQAG.png 

then right click mouse ->

search text -> project

you get:

0693W00000aJVqKQAW.pngok ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

+1

Sometimes Eclipse does not show the tabs/views automatically and they remain hidden.

In this case you can force showing any view by Window-> Show View ...

MBaum.7
Associate III

That sounds too good to be true... Unfortunately the search tab is not displayed, neither automatically nor with Window.Show View.Search

0693W00000aJZJeQAO.pngThe search text in the active file is marked, so the search seems to be executed, but the results are not shown?!

Then it's a worse Eclipse bug. Sometimes it behaves like that and it is hard to recover.

A simple (easy to explain) way is create a new workspace and import the project.

MBaum.7
Associate III

Hi Pavel

Thank very much for the tip to create a new workspace, now the search works as expected. That is really a very annoying bug of the IDE.

Best regards, Michael