cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluepill current draw way too high even in standby mode ,is it because of the LEDs?

HAbay.1
Associate III

I've been having issues with my bluepill chip ( stm32f103c8t6) concering its significant current draw . I know that bluepills aren't the best choice for low power projects but they should at least draw less than 670µA in stand by mode ( according to the PCC tool in cubemx) . I've also heard people say that removing the built in LEDS(PC13 and PWR led) will reduce the current consumption drastically , is it true and is it safe to just desolder them ?

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

What is "significant current draw"?

Removing LEDs will certainly help. D1 and D2 draw about 3mA each. D2 only draws current if PC13 is low.

0693W00000D1SU3QAN.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
HAbay.1
Associate III

by significant i mean about 4.4 mA in standby mode and 10mA while operating , which is quite a lot compared to what other chips can reach . I do appreciate your answer though , with the leds removed i can at least reduce it to 1mA.

by tweaking the settings a bit ,i even managed to lower it to 140µA, which is not bad , but i can do even better once i figure out how to switch from VDD to Vbat digitally and reset the chip once the rtc alarm triggers.

Hi, how did u get it down to 140µA? I have done the following:
1) Break PWR LED

2) Set all pins to GPIO_MODE_ANALOG

3) Enter Standby Mode (All clocks off)

4) Disabled all peripherals

I still get 404µA from 3.7V lipo battery... 

Essentially the same question as here.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.