Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yocto mickledore optee build for u-boot fails

edwardmcl
Associate II

u-boot yocto build fails with this message

test -e arch/arm/dts/stm32mp157c-mydemo-mx.dtb || ( \
| echo >&2; \
| echo >&2 "Device Tree Source (arch/arm/dts/stm32mp157c-mydemo-mx.dtb) is not correctly specified."; \
| echo >&2 "Please define 'CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE'"; \
| echo >&2 "or build with 'DEVICE_TREE=<device_tree>' argument"; \

arch/arm/dts/stm32mp157c-mydemo-mx.dts exists
arch/arm/dts/stm32mp157c-mydemo-mx-u-boot.dtsi exists

stm32mp157c-mydemo.dtb has been added to the Makefile

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @edwardmcl ,

Sorry to come late in this thread. 

Are you still stuck ? If yes please provide more information about the way you configure and launch Yocto build + complete logs

Thanks

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

I am facing the same issue as @edwardmcl  - are there any solutions?
I mainly followed instructions in https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_compile_the_device_tree_with_the_Distribution_Package

but it is not working.   When I build my image I get that u-boot-stm32mp fails as above . Below my log

make -f /home/luisa/dev/st/st_distro/stdistro/build-try-test1/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp151a-bitron-som/uboot-source/scripts/Makefile.build obj=arch/arm/dts dtbs
test -e arch/arm/dts/stm32mp151a-bitron-som-mx.dtb || ( \
echo >&2; \
echo >&2 "Device Tree Source (arch/arm/dts/stm32mp151a-bitron-som-mx.dtb) is not correctly specified."; \
echo >&2 "Please define 'CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE'"; \
echo >&2 "or build with 'DEVICE_TREE=<device_tree>' argument"; \
echo >&2; \
/bin/false)

files

stm32mp151a-bitron-som-mx.dts 
stm32mp151a-bitron-som-mx-u-boot.dtsi

are below my building path  <builddir>/tmp-glibc/work-shared/stm32mp151a-bitron-som/uboot-source/arch/arm/dts and are as the one below my mx/bitron_som_20634519_06/CA7/DeviceTree/bitron-som/u-boot directory.

What is not clear to me is

1. are YOCTO recipes sufficient to to generate dtb files or should I do manually something additionally?

2. using OpenSTLinux distribution, should I also follow instructions at https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_configure_U-Boot_for_your_board ?  

Attached my mylayer/conf/machine/stm32mp151a-bitron-som.conf file (just extended to .txt for upload)

Looking forward to your answer.

Thank you.