cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upgrade my X-NUCLEO-LPM01A’s firmware?

Stefanie LAU
ST Employee

Where can I find the latest X-NUCLEO-LPM01A’s firmware and upgrade my current STM32 Power Shield’s firmware version? 

Upon powering up the power shield, the current firmware version will be displayed on the LCD.
910.png
It is recommended to keep your power shield up to date with the latest firmware available. This will allow you to seamlessly use the power shield and STM32CubeMonPwr application together. 

Step 1. Download the latest version of the power shield’s firmware on st.com 

The downloaded .zip file will contain 3 items: the firmware release notes and the updated power shield firmware in 2 different file formats ".dfu" (device firmware upgrade) and ".hex" (hexadecimal object file format). 

Step 2. On the power shield, locate CN2 and configure the switch to boot from system memory. This will set your power shield to launch the USB DFU bootloader, which is the interface we will use to upgrade the firmware.

912.png

Step 3. Connect the power shield using a USB cable to your host device and launch the STM32CubeProgrammer application.

You can find, download, and install the latest version of STM32CubeProgrammer on st.com 

Step 4. We will be using the USB DFU interface to update the power shield’s firmware version. Establish a connection between STM32CubeProgrammer and the power shield by changing the interface via the drop-down menu to USB and clicking on the “connect” icon.

915.png
Step 5. Click on the open file tab.

917.png
Step 6. Locate and select the power shield's firmware. This is the '.hex' file included within the .zip file downloaded earlier in step 1. 

919.png
Step 7. Click on the 'download' icon, and STM32CubeProgrammer should state that the download of the file to the target has been completed. 

922.png
Congratulations! Your power shield should now be upgraded with the latest firmware version. To verify this new firmware version, disconnect your power shield from STM32CubeProgrammer and power cycle the board. Upon powering up the power shield, you should see the updated firmware version displayed on the LCD. 

Relevant Links:

Version history
Last update:
‎2021-12-20 03:06 AM
Updated by: