cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing power inductors in NUCLEO-WL5JC MB1389 schematics

Levan
Associate III

Hello everyone,
I'm seeking your guidance regarding the substitution of 0402 inductors with 0603 in the NUCLEO-WL5JC MB1389 high band schematics (https://www.st.com/resource/en/schematic_pack/mb1389-wl55jc-highband-e02_schematic.pdf).

In the RF section of the schematics, there are 0402 (highlighted in Red inside attached sheet) power inductors from Murata. I have chosen the replacement in 0603 (highlighted Blue) accordingly. However, only two inductors have slightly lower specifications (highlighted in gray-red).

I would appreciate your advice on whether the specifications of the selected inductor would be suitable for this application. (LQW15AN3N6C10 -> LQW18AN3N6D00 and LQW15AN3N0B00 -> LQW18AN3N0C8ZD)

Levan_0-1704277640913.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Levan 

We opted for the Form 0402 for design constraints. But according to the values You mentioned on the table above and after an internal cross-check, I can say that the values of the 0603 components may do the job.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Levan 

We opted for the Form 0402 for design constraints. But according to the values You mentioned on the table above and after an internal cross-check, I can say that the values of the 0603 components may do the job.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you