cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to read the coprocessor firmware?

Buster
Associate II

I just installed FUS 1.2 and BLE Stack Full firmware, I believe successfully based on the logs. I noticed that those sections of memory are not readable by CubeProgrammer. Are they encrypted once they're installed? Just kind of curious.

ST-LINK/SWD connection, Nucleo-WB55RG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Once the wireless stack installed at the top of the Flash memory, this area is protected from any read access for security reason as this code is not encrypted any more. So It cannot be accessed by CubeProgrammer either. This protected zone is materialized by the SFSA option byte pointing on the first sector of this secure zone which is in fact containing the code to be executed by the M0+ core.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Once the wireless stack installed at the top of the Flash memory, this area is protected from any read access for security reason as this code is not encrypted any more. So It cannot be accessed by CubeProgrammer either. This protected zone is materialized by the SFSA option byte pointing on the first sector of this secure zone which is in fact containing the code to be executed by the M0+ core.