cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know about the MCU's in low power series which has the best performance efficiency. I would also like to get a comparison of the low power series MCU's with STM32WLE5x.

LGEOR.1
Associate II

My application uses an sx1262 LoRa sub GHz transceiver. I need an MCU which has very low power consumption as well as high performance efficiency. In that case which option will be the best? Is it to choose a lower power series MCU and add an extra transceiver or use STM32WLE5x MCU which has an inbuilt transceiver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed Aymen HZAMI
ST Employee

Hello @LGEOR.1​ and welcome to the community,

For the low power families you can refer to both STM32Lx and STM32U5 MCUs.

To compare which MCU has the best performance based on your application you can refer to the product datasheet section "Supply current characteristics".

In the STM32CubMx there is the PCC tool which has the capability to give an estimation to a given situation.

To access to the PCC you need to

1. Open the STM32CubMx
  2. Select the targeted MCU
  3. Select the Tools window

After that you can select the preferred case that you want to implement, and see the estimated power consumption

Mohamed Aymen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mohamed Aymen HZAMI
ST Employee

Hello @LGEOR.1​ and welcome to the community,

For the low power families you can refer to both STM32Lx and STM32U5 MCUs.

To compare which MCU has the best performance based on your application you can refer to the product datasheet section "Supply current characteristics".

In the STM32CubMx there is the PCC tool which has the capability to give an estimation to a given situation.

To access to the PCC you need to

1. Open the STM32CubMx
  2. Select the targeted MCU
  3. Select the Tools window

After that you can select the preferred case that you want to implement, and see the estimated power consumption

Mohamed Aymen

LGEOR.1
Associate II

Thank you!