cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case LoraWan Gateway example in stm32wl55JC1

meimurugan
Associate II

Hi,

I have two NUCLEO-WL55JC1 boards with me. I want to make one board as a end device and one board as a gateway. I found end node example with in firmware package of STM32WL but not found any example for gateway.

Is there any gateway example available for NUCLEO-WL55JC1?

Is this board(NUCLEO-WL55JC1) capable to run gateway example on it?

Please help me to resolve above questions.

Thanks,

Meimurugan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @meimurugan 

The NUCLEO-WL55JC1 as it is can only be an end node or it can be used for a local P2P communication (Receive and send using the LoRa communication and not LoRaWAN Protocol). If you are looking to make a gateway, you have to add an internet connection using an external Wi-Fi module so you can upload the values to a cloud or a dashboard.

All STM32WL examples are available here

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @meimurugan 

The NUCLEO-WL55JC1 as it is can only be an end node or it can be used for a local P2P communication (Receive and send using the LoRa communication and not LoRaWAN Protocol). If you are looking to make a gateway, you have to add an internet connection using an external Wi-Fi module so you can upload the values to a cloud or a dashboard.

All STM32WL examples are available here

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @STTwo-32 ,

Thanks for your information.

Could you mention a few boards which support lorawan gateway in stm32. And Example code for supporting gateway and endnote.
I want to use stm32wl55JC1 as an end node and I need a board which supports the lorawan gateway. Kindly please send the board details and example code for supporting lorawan gateway.

Thanks,
Meimurugan

I suggest you to take a look at this MOOC material where you can find the necessary hardware and an example of a software implémentation.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Thanks @STTwo-32 ,

I have P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 board for gateway. I want to integrate the gateway with aws iot. But the gateway comes with AT Commands to support Loriot IOT. No commands are available to configure the tls or ssl certificates to connect with aws iot. Is there any firmware to flash P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 gateway board which supports tls and ssl configuration to communicate with aws iot.

Thanks,

Meimurugan

Hello @meimurugan 

For the AWS implementation. You have to prepare your own firmware. there is not any example for that.

Since the original request is answered. Please Select the answer of your original request as "Accept as Solution" and if you have more requests, you are always welcome to create a new post on the Forum Wireless.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

@meimurugan wrote:

I have P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 board for gateway.

As @STTwo-32 said, this is a new question - so should be in a new  thread.

You can always give a link in your new thread back to here for reference, if you wish.

And give a link here to your new thread.

But note that the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 is now obsolete, and the gateway part was a 3rd-party module anyhow - so you'd need to contact that 3rd party for support.