cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utterly and Totally Lost

MBOYA.1
Associate

It is overwhelming to decide which product and module to use for my project. I have been searching the site for hours and I cannot get my head around it. .

I want to design a thermostat that has a touch screen and wifi connectivity. I decided what other components like sensor and relays I'm going to use. but I cannot figure out what module or MCU should I be using for this. Any help is appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
hansd56
Senior II

Maybe get a Nucleo and X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1. Not touch so. As you increase screen size and colour depth the demand on the MCU increases. There are also numerous Discovery boards with H7, F7 and F4 MCU's. Good luck

TDK
Guru

Most families can support touch screen. The H7 is the most powerful. No chips support wifi (STM32WB does bluetooth) so you'll need an external component for that. All families will support an SPI or UART interface and the general GPIO stuff needed to control sensors and relays. You're trying to integrate quite a few components which is going to be difficult if you have no prior experience. Expect to put in some time to get it working. Do one thing at a time to build your comfort level.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".