cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Documentation Search Bug

DSwea.1
Associate III

When browsing the TouchGFX online documentation, pressing Ctrl-K (or clicking on "Search") displays a popup window where the search term is entered, and a partial list of hits is displayed with a link at the bottom to "See all xx results":

0693W00000F9w1tQAB.pngWhen the "See all..." link is clicked, rather than displaying the additional hits, the following screen is displayed:

0693W00000F9w1yQAB.pngThis occurs on all browsers and platforms I've tested (Windows10/Chrome/Edge, MacOS/Chrome/Safari).

I think the online documentation is excellent and shows considerable thought and effort. However, in such a non-linear format (and especially with material so voluminous and diverse), a good search capability is a must. And it appears that the search function does indeed work well. But if the target of one's search does not appear in the initial list, the lack of access to the additional links is a serious deficiency, rendering the search tool useless in a large number of cases.

2 REPLIES 2
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this and investigating on different platforms/browsers. It is a known issue that we are trying to fix, we completely agree with what you wrote.

/Romain

DSwea.1
Associate III

Hi Romain,

Thanks for the prompt reply, and I apologize for taking up time on an issue of which you're already aware. Good luck with the fix! So often it seems that issues that are quite easy to identify are nevertheless quite tricky to correct.

Donald