cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stemwin update plan

JureL
Associate III

Hi,

are there any future plans on updating emwin base in stemwin lib ? If I didn't miss something latest update was V5.44 / 22-March-2018.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

With TouchGFX, STMicroelectronics offers a considerably more powerful and portable graphics system than STemWin was. In this respect, it would be most sensible and recommended to migrate existing projects to TouchGFX.

BTW: TouchGFX was developed by the company Draupner, which was acquired by STMicroelectronics in 2018.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Peter BENSCH​ 

Thanks for the quick reply. I assume this means you have abandoned further stemwin support and updates. We already use touchgfx in some of our projects, but we are missing one key component that is very important for us, and that is the VNC server which is built in emwin. So is there any plan of adding this feature to touchgfx? Or maybe some other remote connection method? I think this is a very desirable and sought-after feature. When looking trough the st-community I saw that I'm not the only one who misses this in touchgfx.

Pity, not everything can bear the weight of all the eye-candy​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Well, almost the same question has been asked before. But you are also free to buy a licence of emWin from Segger so that you have the latest version.

Regards

/Peter

JureL
Associate III

Thank you for your fast replies and very good advices. But I still haven't got an answer to my first very simple question: are there any future plans on updating emwin base in stemwin lib ? (Expecting just: yes/no answer).

No.