cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help to select a 5Mpixel camera to connect to the stm32

Mmary.1
Associate

Hi guys. I'm going to design a PCB and I want to connect a 5MP camera module to my stm32. I did the same project with the VC0706 Camera Module (SC03MPD) and this time I want to have a higher resolution. Initially, I was thinking about a serial connection to the camera ( since the transfer speed is not important for me and I can use a low-speed image data transfer ) but it seems there are a few camera modules? with 5Mpixel resolution and serial interface so I was just wondering has anyone have any idea what is the cheap and easy way to have a 5Mpixel camera connection to stm32.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mmary.1
Associate

Hi, Amel Thanks for your answer. Actually, I've decided to continue with  ArduCAM 5 MP plus which has SPI interface (8Mhz)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Mmary.1​ ,

In the application note AN5020 Digital camera interface (DCMI) for STM32 MCUs, we mention OV5642 as an ArduCAM 5 Megapixels camera module compatible with STM32 DCMI. But it is a parallel interface.

I hope this document can help you.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Mmary.1
Associate

Hi, Amel Thanks for your answer. Actually, I've decided to continue with  ArduCAM 5 MP plus which has SPI interface (8Mhz)

Hi @Mmary.1​ ,

Good to know that you found a working solution meeting your needs.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.