ferdlf
Associate III

Hi, got a problem opening the .ioc.
It shows me this error. 

ferdlf_0-1707066468123.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

By default, downloaded files are placed in the download- folder (windows: C:\users\your name\downloads). On the othr hand, there is not any specific location where file must be.

Br JTP

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JNova.0
Associate III

The TouchGFX installation will not install anything to STM32CUBEIDE or STM32CUBEMX.

You can install in these environments from the Internet or use what you downloaded and installed. Select the TouchGFX installation file packaged in the local storage.

Help / Manage Embedded Software Packages
STMicroelectronics
X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX

install version 4.23.1

It only shows version 4.22.1 as the lastest.

ferdlf_0-1707067804951.png
What can I do to get that version?

Hi

I guess you have allready download th 'en.X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX.4.23.1.zip'. Just press From Local and browse the zip file.

JTP1_0-1707069889672.png

Latest version is not yet available thru the CubeMX package manager directly.

Br JTP

ferdlf
Associate III

I can't find it. You know where can I download it from?? and once I got the file, where do I put it??

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Here:  https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-touchgfx.html

Click on "Get software". On this page click on Select version and select 4.23.1.

PavelA_0-1707086246743.png

Ok and what file should I put the .zip in? Cause I tried in the repository but the IDE gave me an error.

ferdlf_0-1707088072646.png

ferdlf_2-1707088296074.png

I got another ST folder on another disk but I don't know.

ferdlf_1-1707088161471.png

so from the beginning. Apparently, you have STM32CUBEIDE or STM32CUBEMX installed, but you don't have the TouchGFX extension installed there. You have to download this here (Get latest):

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/touchgfxdesigner.html

touchgfx.png

You must log in (register). After downloading this package, don't unpack anything and use this package to install extension To STM32CUBEIDE, STM32CUBEMX (both applications share the same space, just install to one) "en.X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX.4.23.1.zip". You can then install the TouchGFX environment itself after unpacking the downloaded package. You can find the installation in the folder "Utilities\PC_Software\TouchGFXDesigner\"

JN

Right but I don't know how to install the extension to STM32CUBEIDE  "en.X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX.4.23.1.zip".
I know I have to select Help / Manage Embedded Software Packages and then press "From Local" and search this file, but I dont know what folder this file should be in. I already have installed the TouchGFX Designer

Hello

By default, downloaded files are placed in the download- folder (windows: C:\users\your name\downloads). On the othr hand, there is not any specific location where file must be.

Br JTP