cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TF-M and SBSFU Implementation on STM32U5A5

PJose.4
Senior

Hi @Channel

We are using STM32U585 for implementation of TF-M and TF-M SBSFU for our project. now we are planning to change our controller to STM32U5A5 controller. I have couple of doubts

1. STM32U585 is PSA Level3 certified while STM32U5A5 is not PSA level3 certified. Will it have any implication on Security related implementation TF-M and SBSFU.
  2. What will be the difference if the controller is PSA level 3 certified and not certified.
  3. Will there be an official release from ST on TF-M Implementation and SBSFU. When can we possibly expect the release.
  4. is there any other impact in terms of security while switching the controller.

Awaiting reply in this regard.

Thanks for the support

3 REPLIES 3
CMYL
ST Employee

Hello,

1- The STM32U5Ax will be soon certified SESIP and PSA levels (planned). The same security level of the STM32U585 is expected.

2- An MCU certifiable PSA L3 is more robust versus MCU certifiable L2 or L1 (see STM32Trust - STMicroelectronics). The STM32U5Ax series are all certifiable SESIP and PSA level3 and are planned to be certified from our side.

3- "Will there be an official release from ST on TF-M ... ", there will be a new TFM release for STM32U585. I need to check for the U5A5.

4- No impact in terms of security while switching from STM32U585 to STM32U5Ax MCUs.

Best Regards,

Younes

PJose.4
Senior

Hi @Younes LAHBIB​ 

Thanks for the quick reply

could you please check if there would be an official TFM- SBSFU TFM implementation for STM32u5a5 package and a possible timeline for the same(approximate)

Thanks again for clarifying other doubts

Thanks and Regards

Philip

CMYL
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

Unfortunately we will not deliver any SBSFU/TFM for the STM32U5Ax.

However, in the Readme file we explain how to tailor from STM32U585 to STM32U5A5xx or STM32U545xx devices.

In ...\STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.2.0\Projects\B-U585I-IOT02A\Applications\TFM, README.md file refer to section

## <b>Hardware and Software environment</b>

best regards,

Younes