cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the STM32F0 and STM32F1 Many MCUs out of stock?

FYOL.1
Associate II

Hello there.

For some time now, STM32F0 and STM32F1 series many MCUs have been experiencing stock problems.  STM32F030, STM32F042, STM32F072 and STM32F103 series many mcu have stock problems. It seems that there is no stock at suppliers like Digikey, Farnell and mouser. Lead times are too long. Many manufacturers are having trouble with their microprocessor supply.

What is the cause of the problem?

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3

COVID, Raw Materials, Supply/Demand, Arbitrage. Fire at AKM. Those buyers at Digikey, Farnell and Mouser not having orders on the books, welcome to JIT vs BTO vs planning/strategy

All the "free stock" is spoken for, many have back-orders against future free stock, and large customers have direct and scheduled orders ahead of you.

Some of the intrinsic issues will be resolved Q1, but you're still going to need to have a ticket already, otherwise you're in that queue 26-28 weeks out, or you're going to have to pay a premium to those guys holding stock or a place in-line, or wait for your order to be filled in Q3

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

12 weeks is an "at capacity" estimate, 8 weeks is at "below capacity" estimate where the slack capacity is used to make stock speculatively.

26 weeks means significantly above capacity, and a lot of capacity booked into the future.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FYOL.1
Associate II

I hope this problem will be solved soon. Many manufacturers who do not have enough stock in their warehouses are in a difficult situation.