cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to flash the firmware (DFU file) in to my STM32-target-board uC using DfuSe demo application if existing (or already loaded) firmware in to my target-board uC is read-protected.

nirav soni
Associate II

I am using the DfuSe demo application version 3.0.6

Image-1 DfuSe demo application

0690X000009Za8nQAC.png

I have observed that if existing firmware (Already loaded firmware before reprogramming) in my STM32 uC based custom target-board is not read-protected then I can be able to flash it again successfully,

But if existing firmware in my STM32 uC based custom target-board is read-protected then I can't be able to flash it again, With this demo application is getting stuck.

To verity the process, I did same experiments using available terminal app on two different target boards having two different series of STM32 uC installed on them.

Image-2 DfuSeCommnad.exe (Command terminal application)

0690X000009ZaAZQA0.png

Experiment-1 Using Target board-A

Image-3 Able to flash firmware in to target board-A if existing firmware in to it is not read protected.0690X000009ZaBIQA0.png

Image-4 Unable to flash the firmware in to target board-A if existing firmware in to it is read protected.

0690X000009ZaBSQA0.png

Experiment-2 Using Target board-B

Image-5 Able to flash firmware in to target board-B if existing firmware in to it is not read protected.

0690X000009ZaBmQAK.png

Image-6 Unable to flash the firmware in to target board-B if existing firmware in to it is read protected.

0690X000009ZaBwQAK.png

DfuSe demo application seems to be not professionally viable,

Has anyone in community found resolution to this application bug.

Can anybody in ST comment on this behavior of DfuSe demo application?

0 REPLIES 0