Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L476

Ephraimoved
Associate III

Dear Sir,

I use NUCLEO-L476 , Once I connect it to usb

a new window pop up like with the Caption NODE_L476RG .

Erasing the CPU still the window pop up.

What should I do to make this board to act as plain PCB 

4 REPLIES 4
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @Ephraimoved ,

This is the ST-Link ( debugger) driver and not the main MCU - for more details refer this STLink firmwares versions :

https://www.st.com/resource/en/technical_note/tn1235-overview-of-stlink-derivatives-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Hope it helps you 

STOne-32

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Ephraimoved 

As said @STOne-32, This is the ST-Link ( debugger) driver and not the main MCU. You can stop this pop up only using your PC USB ports internal configurations.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Probably going to want a board where USB is connected to the L476 and not F103 if you want to work on USB Device firmwares. Or use the NUCLEO-144 family, or DISCO boards 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@Ephraimoved If this popup disturbs you - open the Device Manager in Windows, find this thing under Disk Drives and disable it. Ask you IT at work to help, if not sure.

Also, there are advices to run the ST-Link firmware updater and disable this "disk drive" - but this can break some old software. Try this on your own risk. Disabling the "disk" in device manager is quick and safe, no touching the ST-Link firmware.