cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I solder and unsolder on the X-NUCLEO-CCA01M1 and X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 for the Acoustic Echo Cancelling function package ?

MMarn.1
Associate

I am trying to set-up the demo-kit for Acoustic Echo Cancelling and I am a bit confused about steps 1 and 2 of Getting started with the STM32Cube function pack for acoustic echo cancellation - User manual in part 2.3.1.

On my boards bridges that should be soldered are not but also bridges that should not be soldered are. What does "Configure" means, should I solder every bridge indicated ? And unsolder also the ones that should not be ? Why are resistors highlighted in orange ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MMarn.1
Associate

Hi,

The support helped me on solving the issues.

There were 3:

1- A short circuit caused by J18-19.

2 - There is a bug in the release v1.2.0 leading to a loud buzzing sound in the loudspeaker.

It is solved with using version v1.1.0.

3 - I had an issue when trying to record as both recorded channels were the same.

This was due to PC audio settings/drivers. To avoid this go to: Sound Control Panel > Recording > STM32MIC + LOUDSPEAKERS > Properties > Advanced > Uncheck "Enable Audio Enhancement."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Douglas MILLER
ST Employee

This forum thread was marked by the moderator as needing a little more investigation, so a Support case was created in your name and will be handled off-line. Should anyone have any similar questions, please feel free to open a Support case directly at your myST portal - https://community.st.com/s/onlinesupport 

MMarn.1
Associate

Hi,

The support helped me on solving the issues.

There were 3:

1- A short circuit caused by J18-19.

2 - There is a bug in the release v1.2.0 leading to a loud buzzing sound in the loudspeaker.

It is solved with using version v1.1.0.

3 - I had an issue when trying to record as both recorded channels were the same.

This was due to PC audio settings/drivers. To avoid this go to: Sound Control Panel > Recording > STM32MIC + LOUDSPEAKERS > Properties > Advanced > Uncheck "Enable Audio Enhancement."

Hello,

I'm having the same confusion regarding the configuration of the kits and the nucleo board for Multi-Mic Input (BF, SL, AEC). Its confusing because the diagram has items unsoldered, some soldered and they don't match what's actually on the board. I doubt items should be de-populated... But am still unsure about what exactly should be populated in this case, as it varies significantly.

I'm following the documentation found here: https://www.st.com/resource/en/data_brief/fp-aud-smartmic1.pdf

X-NUCLEO-CCA01M1

PadBoard StatusDocumentation StatusWhat to do?
J1O  

J17O  
J3OX 
J14X  
J21OX 
J22O  

J20O  
J25OX 
J23O  

J18OX 
J10XX 

J9XX 
J12O  
J6X  
J15O  
J2OX 

J11O  
J13X  
J8X  
J5X  
J24O  
J4X  
J16OX 

X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2

"Solder the external headers to M1_EXT_B and M4_EXT_B". Umm, what external headers, and in what fashion? This is the most undescriptive instruction, because there were no "headers" included with my kit. It was only the board in the plastic package. Are there supposed to be, and otherwise what is the procedure to the use 4 mics in the slots that have headers already?

PadBoard StatusDocumentation StatusWhat to do?
SB18O  
SB19O  
SB9X  

R1XX 
R2XX 
R3O  
R4XX 

SB8OX 
SB2XX 
SB1XX 

SB24O  
SB10OX 
SB17O  
SB11XX 
SB16O  
SB15XX 
SB13XX 
SB7XX 
SB26O  

SB21O  
SB25O  
SB20O  

SB14O  
SB12O  

SB22O  
SB23O  

I'm also experiencing an issue where after flashing the board with the following: FP-AUD-SMARTMIC1 - STM32Cube function pack for MEMS microphone acquisition, advanced audio processing and audio output - STMicroelectronics it doesn't appear as a "Sound Output" device in windows, only sound input. But I suspect this may be to the board pinout misconfiguration. One problem at a time.

Can anyone from ST populate the above table on what to do?

@MMarn.1 I tried to open a ticket for clarification but received an error - "Looks like you don’t have access to create a case. Ask your community manager for access"