cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pristine STM32L431 PA6 turned to hard output

When switching on a new, unprogrammed STM32L431, PA6 turns hard to output high.

This is SPI1 MOSI.

AN2606 should say this out aloud.

I know the 'G0 have this too, and AN2606 says this for them, although quite quietly and confusingly in a footnote.

There really ought to be a clean trail of documenting such thing - which may be fatal to new hardware and/or production tester - from RM through AN2606.

JW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @waclawek.jan,

I would inform you that this issue is fixed in the new release of AN2606 (Rev 63).

ImenD_0-1716806000569.png

Thank you for your important contribution.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @waclawek.jan,

"SPI Tx (MISO) is handled by DMA. On the bootloader start-up after SPI initialization as soon as the bit DMATx enable on SPI CR2 register is set to 0x1, the MISO line is set to 3.3 V." => This note is available in the AN2606 for STM32G0, STM32G4 and STM32L412xx/422xx, but not for STM32L43.

I escalated this feedback to add this note for STM32L43x (via Internal ticket number: 173607)

Thank you again for the continued feedback; it is much appreciated! 🙂

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thanks, @Imen.D .

Jan

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @waclawek.jan,

I would inform you that this issue is fixed in the new release of AN2606 (Rev 63).

ImenD_0-1716806000569.png

Thank you for your important contribution.

Thanks
Imen

Thanks, Imen.

Jan