cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H7 pin-to-pin compatability list ?

LCE
Principal

Hello,

I was just shocked to see that H723 and H735 are NOT pin-to-pin compatible, at least in LQFP-144.
Shoot, I thought I could switch between H723 / 725 / 733 / 735 if necessary. 

I found the list for F4 / F7 / H7 compatibility, is there another list for compatibility within the H7 families?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

CubeMX will list pin-compatible parts. Load your chip, configure it if you want, then go to Pinout -> List Pinout Compatible MCUs.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

CubeMX will list pin-compatible parts. Load your chip, configure it if you want, then go to Pinout -> List Pinout Compatible MCUs.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
LCE
Principal

Okay, I just found that package compatibility is between H723 and H733, and again between H725 and H735.

What about H7A / B ?

Anyway, an official list would help.

LCE
Principal

@TDK thanks for the hint, but for a quick check that takes too long - at least my CubeMX always needs some time.

I like pdf! :D

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @LCE 

You can use CubeMX Pinout compatible feature to find the list of pin-to-pin compatible MCUs.

FBelaid_0-1696598255043.png

FBelaid_1-1696598269121.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

LCE
Principal

So there's no pdf / app-note about compatibility?

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @LCE 

I would suggest checking out AN5293. It may be helpful 😉

Migration guide from STM32F7 Series to STMH74x/75x, STM32H72x/73x and STMH7A3/7Bx devices - Application note

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, I got that one, and there were comparisons from F7 to H7, but no direct H7-type comparisons.

Now I know what I need, H723 / H733 are compatible, but not to H725 / H735, which I will probably choose because of the BGA packages and the Crypto hardware (H735), just in case I might need it in the future.