cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in reference manual of STM32G4

Moritz1
Associate III

I think there is an error in the reference manual (RM0440 Rev 7) in chapter 24.5 - COMP interrupts.

At the end of this chapter it says: "Interrupt events are flagged through COMP_CxCSR flags."

But in COMP_CxCSR register there is no flag for interrupt event?

The Interrupt is handled by EXTI, so the Flags are in the EXTI_PR1/EXTI_PR2 register.

Or do I miss something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are welcome 🙂

I confirm the error. An internal ticket (ID 147682) is submitted to correct the sentence which should be:  

0693W00000aJ3AkQAK.png(PS: ID 147682 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This is probably one of those not-that-well-thought-through half-truth we see ocassionally in the RMs, maybe in response to some customer's complaint. I went through almost all other STM32 RMs and never seen this particular line. Most of them at the end of COMP interrupts subchapter contain a table - a not very useful either - such as this for 'U5:

0693W00000aItd8QAC.pngWhat the "...flagged through..." in 'G4 RM is supposed to mean is, IMO, the "Event flag" column.

@Imen DAHMEN​ , can this sentence in 'G4 RM please be removed or at least rephrased to be less confusing? Or, maybe it would be the best to bring it in line with other STM32 RMs, adding this table (and then also consider adding it to 'F3xx RMs, too).

Thanks,

JW

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

@Community member​, thank you for pointing out this post.

I am checking it and take the necessary actions.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thanks, Imen.

Jan

You are welcome 🙂

I confirm the error. An internal ticket (ID 147682) is submitted to correct the sentence which should be:  

0693W00000aJ3AkQAK.png(PS: ID 147682 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Imen

Thanks
Imen