cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Profiler error

Jess32
Associate II

Hey,

i have B-G431B-ESC1 board and Maxon motor. I can not profile this motor. 

I want to run my motor at 2000rpm max. Speed and 14V voltage source.

The MC workbench is able to generate code. I am able to compile and program it using cube IDE.  i can connect my Board on ST Motor Profiler without Problems.

Using MC workbench 6.2.0, the motor profiler tool can't be run : 

after modifications and tests, the motor does not always run. I can't profile him either.

It gives error like it take too time..... 

it's so frustrating.

Does anyone have an idea for me? I need advice!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello Jess32,

First of all, even if you won't be using your system at higher voltage / speed, it may be useful to increase them a bit for Profiling use only.

Usually, when the Profiler returns a "too long" error, it is because your system can't stabilize your motor speed. This may come from several things :

- Maybe your Resistance (and then Inductance) are not calculated correctly, this would be why your speed controller can't stabilize. In that case, try increasing a bit the Amps via MotorProfiler, as very low Amps (compared to the maximum Amps acceptable by your board) often leads to wrong Resistance estimation.
Although, be aware that the B-G431B-ESC1 inverter is subject to heavy heating (especially if you increase the injected Amps) and that it should be cooled down. Of course do not exceed your motor's max acceptable Amps.

- If your motor has low inductance, you may want to increase the PWM frequency (PWM Generation tab via Workbench).

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
Jess32
Associate II

Hello Gaël A ,

thanks for your feedback.
I have made several attempts so far and this is my observation. I hope you can give me more tips to make my motor 100% well controlled.
1) I tried profiling the motor but that didn't work, the motor just makes so beep and no more at all . Although I have increased the current as previously suggested. I have since added a hall sensor to the motor and that hasn't changed anything.
2) After several attempts, I decided to disable the "motor profiler" function in Workbench and  my motor could turn but I always get OVERCURRENT as an error message. I then always have to update the status in PILOT to reach the "RUN" state. I have changed the suggested setting in Workbench to fix the error message without success. Is it because my motor is not profiled? what else could I do to make the motor profiling work? what have I overlooked? what am I doing wrong with the software?

Can anyone help me?

Try disabling the over current protection as temporary solution 

SRedd5_0-1702985332798.png

This is just my suggestion.

Jess32
Associate II

@SRedd.5 thank you for your suggestion.

I'm not getting the error message at the moment, but there must be a sure way to resolve this, right ?

I still can't profile the engine. Do you have a suggestion?

best regards