cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the STLINKV2 part of a NUCLEO (F446) connect to a STEVAL-PTOOLV1 module via SWclk,SWdio?

JNoci.1
Associate II

I use the 'cut off' STLINK board from a Nucleo 446 module to program other STM boards using the STMcube programer software. This works fine for all my STM processors. However, I cannot connect to the STEVAL-PTOOLV1 motor control eval board - cannot find the target. I have verified that the STLINK board works ( it programs a separate Nucleo446 fine) - I have checked the wiring to make sure SWclk, SWdio, NRST, VDD, gnd are all wired one to one between STLINK and PTOOLv1 board, etc. I have powered the PTOOLv1 board and enabled the 'trigger' to put power on the processor. Cube programmer sees the STLINK module, set to SWD port, latest firmware loaded to STLINK, etc - never connects to PTOOLV1 processor...Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JNoci.1
Associate II

Found the problem - as often, it's ST's fault....

The schematics for the PtoolV1 eval board has the SWclk and SWdio labels swapped on the I/O connector. No errata, etc.. even after all these years - one would think I am the first person to use this board...Anyway, swap the two signal wires from the STLINK programmer and it works fine..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JNoci.1
Associate II

Found the problem - as often, it's ST's fault....

The schematics for the PtoolV1 eval board has the SWclk and SWdio labels swapped on the I/O connector. No errata, etc.. even after all these years - one would think I am the first person to use this board...Anyway, swap the two signal wires from the STLINK programmer and it works fine..

Hi @JNoci.1​,

thanks for reporting this typo in the STEVAL-PTOOLV1 schematic released in September 2020.

I share this information internally in order to update the board documentation.

Have a nice day.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"