cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual COM Port for NUCLEO-F070RB not working on Windows 11 - Regs

SANTHOSH1
Associate II

Dear ST community,

I am facing an issue with the virtual COM port for my NUCLEO-F070RB board. It is not working on my Windows 11 computer, and I am not sure how to resolve this. Can you please provide me with some guidance or solutions to this problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Was this board & firmware working ever before on other Windows machine? or a non-windows machine?

Is the device visible in the device manager? if yes, what is the problem indication there?

Generally, imagine that someone else tells you about their issue. What would you tell that person? Which information they need to provide?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Was this board & firmware working ever before on other Windows machine? or a non-windows machine?

Is the device visible in the device manager? if yes, what is the problem indication there?

Generally, imagine that someone else tells you about their issue. What would you tell that person? Which information they need to provide?

Is the cable known to work? Or a random one out of a box / draw?

As Pavel suggests try some other machine. Avoid hubs or docking stations.

Do you get the Windows ding-dong sound to suggest it recognized something was attached, or not? Does it show up in Device Manager?

If it doesn't have drivers for it, load those, either as a separate package or part of an STM32 Cube Programmer install.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Virtual COM ports (CDC-ACM) have in-box drivers in Windows 11 (or any decent modern OS). No need to install any custom driver unless very sure it is needed.

Thank you for your suggestion

Thank for your reply

DFU bootloader works?

If not, problem is hardware. If yes, problem is your software.

JW