cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8 current measurement

Sule_Akcay
Associate III

How can I measure the sleep current of the chip on the STM32F103C8 board?

stm32f.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sule_Akcay As @SofLit mentioned you cannot measure the current of the MCU directly on this board from an Asian manufacturer, as the signal VCC3v3 not only supplies the MCU, but also the LEDs D1 and D2. In addition, these so-called Blue Pills have not contained an original STM32F103 for years, but a counterfeit from an Asian manufacturer. Even if you disconnect the LEDs and do some current measurement between U1 pin 5 and the track VCC3v3, you would have to consult the manufacturer of the MCU for any problems.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

As per the image, there is no jumper or solder bridge to measure the current unless there is something in the bottom. 

You need to consult the schematics of the board.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I came up with this schematic

sssss.PNG

On which pin do I measure the current of the MCU?

It's not possible to measure power consumption with this HW.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Sule_Akcay As @SofLit mentioned you cannot measure the current of the MCU directly on this board from an Asian manufacturer, as the signal VCC3v3 not only supplies the MCU, but also the LEDs D1 and D2. In addition, these so-called Blue Pills have not contained an original STM32F103 for years, but a counterfeit from an Asian manufacturer. Even if you disconnect the LEDs and do some current measurement between U1 pin 5 and the track VCC3v3, you would have to consult the manufacturer of the MCU for any problems.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your answer