cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Bank Power Supply Issue for STM32H743ZI2

wolf_sripe
Associate

Hello Support Team,

I am trying to use a power bank to supply power to my STM32H743ZI2 board. I have made a modification to the jumper settings: I changed the connection of JP2 from pins 1-2 to pins 7-8 as suggested for power bank usage. However, I am encountering an issue where the LD4 LED is blinking intermittently.

Could you please provide guidance on the following points:

1. Is the jumper setting adjustment from JP2 pins 1-2 to 7-8 correct for power bank usage?
  2. What does the intermittent blinking of the LD4 LED signify?
  3. Are there any additional configurations or checks required to ensure stable operation with a power bank?

Your assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Wolf Sripe

Additional Information:

• Board: STM32H743ZI2
  • Power Source: Power Bank
  • Jumper Configuration: JP2 changed from pins 1-2 to 7-8
  • Issue: LD4 LED blinking intermittently

Thank you for addressing this matter at your earliest convenience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello and welcome to the community.

STM32H743ZI2 is a microcontroller not a board, do you mean NUCLEO-H743ZI?

If yes, the recommendation on how to power the board is provided in the board's user manual (UM2407 or UM2408 following the board you are using MB1363 or MB1364) especially the section "External power supply input 5V_EXT (5 V, 500 mA max)"

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello and welcome to the community.

STM32H743ZI2 is a microcontroller not a board, do you mean NUCLEO-H743ZI?

If yes, the recommendation on how to power the board is provided in the board's user manual (UM2407 or UM2408 following the board you are using MB1363 or MB1364) especially the section "External power supply input 5V_EXT (5 V, 500 mA max)"

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
wolf_sripe
Associate

So i cant use with cable usb?