cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEOF303 dev board as ST-link programmer

Juraj1
Associate

Hello,

can I use the NUCLEO-F303K8 dev board as ST-link SWD programmer for external MCU? There is a SWD connector on the board (not populated), but it seems that it is for input programming rather than output. Am I right?

Link:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-mpu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-mpu-eval-tools/stm32-nucleo-boards/nucleo-f303k8.html#overview

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The NUCLEO-32 devices are obviously more constrained as they don't have jumpers to disconnect the local target device. The NUCLEO-64/144 boards do provide for a lot more flexibility.

There are a lot of ST-LINK/V2 clone devices that are super cheap, so it's hard to spend too much time with repurposing NUCLEO's

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The NUCLEO-32 devices are obviously more constrained as they don't have jumpers to disconnect the local target device. The NUCLEO-64/144 boards do provide for a lot more flexibility.

There are a lot of ST-LINK/V2 clone devices that are super cheap, so it's hard to spend too much time with repurposing NUCLEO's

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Juraj1
Associate

Ok, thanks for the answer. I ordeded one ST-LINK/V2 clone.