cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use the nucleo-f446re board and this part gets very hot.

coolingmaster
Associate II

When I connect to my computer with a USB connection to upload the code to the nucleo-f446re board, that part of the board gets very hot. I didn't forget to jump to the U5V all the time when I connected to the computer with the USB. Why does this happen? Currently, that part gets very hot and the board is not recognized well by the computer.

coolingmaster_1-1724828399460.png

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @coolingmaster 

Change USB cable and try one for data connection (not a charging cable). 

Check power and ground and circuit around VCAP pins.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I connected it with the data cable that I always used. This doesn't happen when I buy the board for the first time and connect it the same way. But now, when I connect it to my computer using a cable, that part gets very hot within seconds. Where is the VCAP pin? I'm connecting the board to the computer without anything on it right now.

TDK
Guru

Probably the chip and/or board has been damaged. Is it on a conductive surface? I'm guessing it's on sitting on your keyboard when programming. Can you still connect/program the chip with STM32CubeProgrammer?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".