cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use STM32F429 Discovery Board 3V/5V pin as power supply?

许和平
Associate II

I have a stm32f429 discovery board, can I use its 3V/5V pin as power supply?

Image below is from mb1705c, I'm not sure the meaning of "EXT_5V, Input only".

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bisTuQAI.pngI would appreciate it if you could answer my question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

EXT_5V and EXT_3V are internal designations that lead to the network names 5V (P1.1, P1.2) and 3V (P2.1, P2.2) respectively.

Of course, you can also use them as a power supply, but then you should

• check exactly how much current you can draw from the pins of the DISCOVERY, or
  • make sure that you stay within the voltage limits when feeding in the corresponding voltage while supplying the DISCOVERY.

Does this answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

EXT_5V and EXT_3V are internal designations that lead to the network names 5V (P1.1, P1.2) and 3V (P2.1, P2.2) respectively.

Of course, you can also use them as a power supply, but then you should

• check exactly how much current you can draw from the pins of the DISCOVERY, or
  • make sure that you stay within the voltage limits when feeding in the corresponding voltage while supplying the DISCOVERY.

Does this answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.