cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy ST25TA-E new NFC tag ?

helix
Associate II

Hello,
I've been trying several distributors but as of today I can't find one that can provide the new ST25TA-E NFC tag.

Here is the tag I am talking about:
https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/campaigns/luxury-brands-security-st25tae-z21.html

Please can someone help or redirect me to find a distributor of this tag ?
It was supposed to be commercialized in august.

Thank you very much!

This discussion has been locked for participation. If you have a question, please start a new topic in order to ask your question
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are companies that purchase our tag chips in very large quantities and provide them with a customized antenna to create a usable tag for end users. You could feed your favorite search engine with e.g. “+st25ta +antenna” to find interesting companies and contact them for samples.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @helix, to the community!

The ST25TA-E is an RFID tag that is still in evaluation and will be available soon. Please allow me to point out that these are the pure chips without the necessary antenna, so they still need to be fitted with an antenna and a suitable protective cover (plastic card, paper ticket, etc.) before they can be used in applications for end users.

If this is still an option, please contact your preferred distributor.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your response!
I understand that it is not commercialy available yet.

Would it still be possible to get some samples to experiment with ?
I guess with some kind of antenna otherwise it will be complicated to make some test.
Or is there another way to test them ?

Thank you very much!

I would like to clarify my previous statement: when the ST25TA-E are available, they will only be available as silicon chips without a housing and without solder connections. The chips are then supplied in the appropriate number (probably at least 10,000) as sawn wafers, which then have to be processed using special machines. Do you have such machines?

Ok thanks for the precision!
No I don't have such machine.

I would still have a question then. I am using the NTAG424 DNA for authentification at the moment but it uses symmetric encryption so the ST25TA-E would be better as it allow asymmetric encryption.

Will there be NFC tags such as the NTAG424 DNA that we can order in many forms and which are ready to be encoded with NFC reader/writer for the ST25TA-E at some point ?

I thank you very much.

STMicroelectronics does not offer ready-to-use tags for end users, but only the necessary silicon chips. As mentioned, they are either available as a so-called die, i.e. bare chip without housing and to be bonded = without solderable connections, or as a variant in a plastic housing. Both variants must then be connected to the required antenna.

So far I don't know whether you are looking for complete tags including antenna or you want to fit the tags themselves with the antenna, nor what you want to use the tags for and in what quantities, so I can't make an exact recommendation yet.

Regards
/Peter

Thanks for your response,
I am looking for complete tags including antenna and I would like to use them for different kind of clothing items.

I'd like to start with a sample of these tags to make tests before considering buying in large quantities.

From what I understand what I am asking for is not available yet, but I am still interested to know some distributors that will sell the complete tag when it will be available if you can make recommandations.

Thank you very much!

There are companies that purchase our tag chips in very large quantities and provide them with a customized antenna to create a usable tag for end users. You could feed your favorite search engine with e.g. “+st25ta +antenna” to find interesting companies and contact them for samples.

Good luck!
/Peter