cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916B RF power output

logantenna
Associate II

Hi, it's not clear the deliverable power of the ST25R3916B. it seems 1.6W in balance output configuration. On the datasheet is written only that there is a dynamic power output, on the first page then no more other information, and there are no registers about the output power it seems..

I have to do a connection P2P between 2 eval NUCLEO-NFC08A1, but i get only 9cm of maximum distance range. it's a poor result for 1.6W...

is there the possibility to control manually the power output?

how is it possible to increse the distance range in P2P mode (without changing the antenna)?

i'm waiting your reply soon

thanks

Logantenna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pablog
Associate II

Hello,

Keeping in mind that the NFC technology is intended for short range/security communications and that it has been developed with a range not greater than 10cm, 9cm seems very good range to me.

Q: Is there the possibility to control manually the power output?
A: If you have it set as a Tag, I believe you can't change the power.  But if you use it as a Read/Write, then you can.  There is a register somewhere.

Q: How is it possible to increase the distance range in P2P mode (without changing the antenna)?
A: You can change the matching of the NFC antenna.  Check Figure 4 on the App Note AN4974.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pablog
Associate II

Hello,

Keeping in mind that the NFC technology is intended for short range/security communications and that it has been developed with a range not greater than 10cm, 9cm seems very good range to me.

Q: Is there the possibility to control manually the power output?
A: If you have it set as a Tag, I believe you can't change the power.  But if you use it as a Read/Write, then you can.  There is a register somewhere.

Q: How is it possible to increase the distance range in P2P mode (without changing the antenna)?
A: You can change the matching of the NFC antenna.  Check Figure 4 on the App Note AN4974.

Thanks for the reply