cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSSI Measurement via ST NFC Sensor App

VSoni.1
Associate III

Hello,

I am a newbie to the field of RF communication. I am planning to design an antenna using the ST25TV IC. Ultimately, I want to measure the Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) value of the RF communication. I am thinking of using the ST NFC Sensor app on either Android/iOS as an NFC reader for this purpose. I noticed that in the app description, they do mention that the data the app collects can be exported as a .csv file. Does the exported data contain the RSSI values in either Android or iOS versions of the app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi VSoni.1,

which RSSI do you mean? There are actually two involved:

1. On Tag side the strength of the modulation of the reader (most likely strongly coupled to received field strength). There has been some previous discussions found here: signal-strength-between-st25r3911b-disco-and-stevalsmarttag1, maybe it helps
  2. On reader side the strength of the load modulation which the tag creates (de-tuning of antenna circuit). I am sure that this data is not available to the user.

Best Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi VSoni.1,

which RSSI do you mean? There are actually two involved:

1. On Tag side the strength of the modulation of the reader (most likely strongly coupled to received field strength). There has been some previous discussions found here: signal-strength-between-st25r3911b-disco-and-stevalsmarttag1, maybe it helps
  2. On reader side the strength of the load modulation which the tag creates (de-tuning of antenna circuit). I am sure that this data is not available to the user.

Best Regards, Ulysses