cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(NFC) CE Certification and RF testing of the ST25R3911B

mpe
Associate

Hey there,

We have a product that features one PCB that embeds the ST25R3911B with a custom NFC antenna, acting as a reader (initiator mode).

For the CE certification process we are currently pursuing for our product, the certifying body required to perform RF testing for NFC as well. They suggested to have a look at the product page looking for a testing firmware similar to what we could find for BLE RF testing with the BLUENRG-LP. Unfortunately, we could not find any such thing.

It would very nice if someone could with any of the following questions:

• Is there any testing firmware/software or some guidelines to perform RF testing for NFC communication with the ST25R3911B?
  • Has someone already performed RF testing for CE certification of an NFC initiator, i.e. the ST25R3911B?
  • Are there some guidelines for writing such a RF testing firmware?

We already opened a support ticket, and they suggested us to post in the Community forum, so here we are... Any feedback would be of great help!

--- mpe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

AFAIK reports for any FCCID can be found on https://fccid.io/

BR, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi mpe,

all boards with ST25R3911B available on st.com have undergone all relevant certifications(E.g. FCCID on the board). I assume you are referring to RF regulations per region (ETSI/FCC/ARIB). To my knowledge FCC testing was done with normal operation (polling every ~500ms) - no specific test firmware needed.

For BLUENRG-LP: which firmware are you referring? I found AN5503 but didn't immediately spot a special firmware...

BR, Ulysses

Hi Ulysses,

For the BLUENRG-LP, I installed on my PC the STSW-BNRGUI and used the test FW bundled within the app, through which we could have the BLE transmit a tone on a specific channel.

@Ulysses HERNIOSUS wrote:

all boards with ST25R3911B available on st.com have undergone all relevant certifications(E.g. FCCID on the board). I assume you are referring to RF regulations per region (ETSI/FCC/ARIB). To my knowledge FCC testing was done with normal operation (polling every ~500ms) - no specific test firmware needed.

Do you mean all the dev-kits for the ST25R3911B? Is there any documentation that reports such certifications? Could you please me point me to that?

Best,

--- mpe

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

AFAIK reports for any FCCID can be found on https://fccid.io/

BR, Ulysses