cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify UID of ST25DV04K

toamsm
Associate

Hi,

Is there any possibility for a user to modify the UID of the ST25DV04K, update specific part of memory that holds the value of the UID, or is it readonly? 

Regards Tomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @toamsm, to the community!

The UID of the ST25DV04K is written by STMicroelectronics on the production line and is read-only, i.e. cannot be changed. This is also mentioned in its data sheet, e.g in table 84: UID access for RF access and I2C access = RO.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @toamsm, to the community!

The UID of the ST25DV04K is written by STMicroelectronics on the production line and is read-only, i.e. cannot be changed. This is also mentioned in its data sheet, e.g in table 84: UID access for RF access and I2C access = RO.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you describe your application and your UID modification use case?

If you want to manage your own UID, you can use the ST25R3916/18 in type A or Type F Card Emulation mode.

Rgds

BT