cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatched version of ST25DV-DISCOVERY firmware and ST25 NFC Tap Android app

Fahad Mirza
Associate II

I recently got an ST25DV-DISCOVERY board. I downloaded the firmware package from here. Which clearly states that it is a V1.1.2.

I then installed the ST25 NFC Tap android app from the google play store (V3.7). When I tried to run the Fast Transfer mode, I get a pop-up that clearly says I need V1.2.0 minimum.

0693W00000FAnZKQA1.jpg 

I thought, well, that can't be true. Because the website doesn't have V1.2. So I click continue. Then it takes me to an interface that doesn't resemble what I see in the "UM2062-User manual-Firmware for the ST25DV-DISCOVERY boards".

I thought, ok, the app has been updated. Then I put my phone on the tag and it says,

"Can't read board name and version. Update to the latest firmware" and the example fails.

I mean, what's the deal here?

It's clear that the firmware that is available on st.com is still for the previous version of the android app but the google play store has the latest version app that requires latest firmware, which cannot be found anywhere.

:|

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @Fahad Mirza​,

The firmware has been pushed on our servers, it may take some time, due to processing time, to be available on st.com. May I suggest you to check the web site again tomorrow, it should be ready for download.

Sorry for this little inconvenience,

Best Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @Fahad Mirza​,

The firmware has been pushed on our servers, it may take some time, due to processing time, to be available on st.com. May I suggest you to check the web site again tomorrow, it should be ready for download.

Sorry for this little inconvenience,

Best Regards