cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Inductive Energy when Triac Fired at any angle.

pradeepwagre
Associate III

Screenshot 2023-08-30 065500.jpg

pradeepwagre_0-1693461526213.png

The above waveform attached shows input sinewave which is stepped down using transformer and I am using voltage based zero cross detection for firing Triac. Above waveform shows TRIAC is fired at almost 10% of Positive and Negative Half cycle. I want to remove that extra energy which getting generated because of Inductive load.I have tried changing resistor and capacitor for my snubber circuit but that didn't help.The main issue is as I try to conduct more part of sine wave like 50% of positive and negative Half the more is the inductive energy.

pradeepwagre_1-1693461738177.png

In above waveform I am firing Triac at 50% of both half cycles but the other half is energy coming from Inductive load. At 50% itself the voltage across inductive load is showing around 220 volts because of this extra energy.If I go even more like more than 50% the waveform gets distorted.In my case this inductive load is a Electromagentic Feeder Coil it's used for Vibratory Feeder Controller.How do I remove this energy?My requirement is of 5 Amperes.My pulse width for triac is 50uSec.

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @pradeepwagre, to the community!

The BTB16-600CW is a snubberless triac, so it could work without a snubber. Please have a look at this thread, which also discusses the necessity of a snubber, maybe it will help you?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
pradeepwagre
Associate III

I want to know is there any way to remove this Inductive energy?

Thank you for replying,I am more interested in removing this inductive energy which I have marked in the first waveform.