cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUSB4710(A) doesn't output power

MatthiasH
Associate

Dear Team,

I recently created a custom PCB where I wanted to implement the STUSB4710(A) for charging a phone and other accessories. The STUSB4710 should be plug and play without the need of configuring the PDO because it is already selected. I based my design on the valuation board of this IC: STEVAL-ISC004V1. I will attach a file with my schematics.
So when I attach my Samsung A53 it will say that is is attached to a fast charger but when I look at the ampere app I charge with a current of 200mA which is almost nothing.
So I started measuring and encountered an issue where the VBUS has a stable 5V which is good, but there isn't any current running from the to the usb-c connector as I also saw in the app. I read some registers trying to find out what the problem is via I²C and read the register of the CC_STATUS (0x11h) I found this in the file that was posted in a other post. here I can see that I get the following value 0x89 which means: (0x80) twisted cc2 lines (OK), (0x09) 01001: (ATTACHWAIT_SRC) (NOK). SO next on I connected my Logic Analyzer to the CC lines for trying to see what is happening in this communication. Here he tries 2 times a reset I think but I have no idea what it could mean:
MatthiasH_0-1710408850461.png

and then again after half a second approximately: 
MatthiasH_1-1710408899022.png

Is there somewhere a document for understanding the communications between the cc lines?

Or do I have to send a command to a register of the sutsb4710 to start the charging?

If you need more info feel free to ask.

Thanks for the support,

Matthias H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So after some debugging I found that my issue was in the schematic I made cascade connection of the MOSFET's which why it wouldn't work. So the output was always high because of the internal diode effect of the MOSFET's. I scratched some traces and flipped the end MOSFET (T2) so that the source and gate where flipped and now it is working like a charm.
Thanks for the support (via email)!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NBALL
ST Employee

Hello

Attach_wait can be that sink has been detected but Vbus is not at the expected level. STUSB4710 sense the voltage thru vbus_sense pin.

I'll contact you separately in order to share some waveforms.

Best regards

Nathalue

So after some debugging I found that my issue was in the schematic I made cascade connection of the MOSFET's which why it wouldn't work. So the output was always high because of the internal diode effect of the MOSFET's. I scratched some traces and flipped the end MOSFET (T2) so that the source and gate where flipped and now it is working like a charm.
Thanks for the support (via email)!