cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-WBC86TX PCB Layout

MikeP
Senior

Hello, 

I've had a look at the STEVAL-WBC86TX PCB design and have concerns on the routing over the split plane. 

The STM Webpage doesnt seem to work for the STEVAL-WBC86TX but ive managed to find the Gerbers. You can see in the images below, the top layer and layer 1. The trace going to one side of the coil is routed over split planes.  Isnt this bad practice?

As the website is down, I can only assume that this hasnt had any compliance testing done, as its an evaluation board.

Thanks,

Mike

MikeP_0-1727378648239.png 

MikeP_1-1727378769825.png

2 REPLIES 2
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi Parry

You are right, it is better to avoid the crossing of signals, but to follow the best routing practice, you have to increase the number of layers (layer + gnd pair) and it increase the price a lot.
So this is compromise between the routing and price, and in this case layer1 is VINV (input voltage from wall adapter) crossing noise part – AC1 and AC2.

And regarding the compliance tests, we pass all needed test required by specification which are valid for wireless charging – EMC, Safety test etc

add Didier

@Didier HERROUIN 

@MikeP 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and thank you for the clarity.

Do you have a Declaration of conformity document for the EVM? This would be useful to get an undertsand of what will be required for my product.

And do you know why the EVM has been taken down from the ST Website?

Kind Regards,

Mike