cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know STM have 4 channel Isolated Gate driver?

ARose.5
Associate

Hi,

I'm new and designing a DCDC converter. I'm looking for a 4 channel Isolated gate driver for full bridge. I'm able to find only single or two channel/half bridge Isolated gate driver. I cant find 4 channel / full bridge isolated gate driver in a single IC in your website for me to use. Do you have a full bridge or 4 channel isolated gate driver(like H bridge driver)?

Can you suggest a part number from ST please?

Regards,

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @ARose.5​, to the community!

Thank you for looking at STMicroelectronics for gate drivers, however there are currently only single and dual drivers available. For a full bridge, four single or two dual drivers would have to be used.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ARose.5
Associate

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. May I ask you to understand why full bridge/four channel Isolated gate drivers are not available as a single IC(like H-bridge Mosfet drivers)? what would be a technical issue if full bridge Isolated gate drivers are available and used to control DCDC converter(controlling two half bridge with single Isolated gate driver with 4 channel) ?

Thank you

Regards,

Andy

The worldwide demand for four-channel insulated gate drivers is currently too low to make it worthwhile to produce such a component in one package. One must also consider other aspects such as mechanical conditions of the full bridge, line lengths or capacitances, etc.

What is the need for a quad driver instead of two dual drivers for a full bridge?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.