cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrically Isolated Semiconductor Device - STGF15H60DF

Dart-Eng
Associate

I had previously asked in case # 00204067, if the subject part STGF15H60DF was UL approved for isolation and I was told that is was approved under UL catigory QQQX2.E81734 per the requirements of UL 1557. I was linked to UL File # E81734 with a highlighted section for this part as follows:

Power Switching Semi-Conductor, "TO-220FP", Model(s): STG followed by F, followed by one or two digits, followed by a letter, followed by one or two digits, may be followed by a letter, followed by two letters, followed by two letters, followed by an alphanumeric digit. 

I submitted this to the UL investigating Eng and he said it looked good. However after our new VDF controller was submitted for final review/approval, the Eng doing the final product testing has now said the IGBT part number STGF15H60DF does not match the part number requirements called out for the STGF Model parts. Everything works until the last two requirements of; followed by two letters, followed by an alphanumeric digit. For these two part number designations, it does not say that is "may be followed by". It says "followed by". This UL Eng is saying the part number of my IGBT must have at a minimum two additional letters and one additional alphanumeric digit before he can approve it as a UL recognized component. 

Is the STGF15H60DF an approved UL part under this File as I was originally told and if so then why does the part number seem to be missing three required digits? Is the UL file part number discription for these parts incorrectly worded in the UL file and the last three digits are not reqired? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Dart-Eng, to the community!

Thank you for your patience, the issue is a little complicated and is currently being clarified.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Dart-Eng You will receive an answer straight away.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.