cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about OMNIFET - if it short-circuits a power supply directly - VNS3NV04P

JPehl.1
Associate III

Hi.

I was looking the datasheet of VNS3NV04P-E/VNS3NV04PTR-E that are SOIC-8 package, they have a Ilim of 3.5A and this is suitable for the project (2A is enough). The MOSFET would be driven by a 3.3V signal.

I would like to know what happens if the positive wire of a high current capacity power supply with 36V is connected directly to the Drain and the transistor is keep driven in the Gate. Does the transistor withstand the direct short circuit?

Currently I'm planning to use a pair of ZXMS6006SGTA from Diodes Incorporated in the PCB, and on its datasheet there is a parameter called "Drain-Source Voltage for Short Circuit Protection", VDS(SC), which is 16V for that part number, and I wanted to change these transistors to another part number where this parameter could reach at least 28V, 36V or more ideally. I did not found this same parameter in the datasheets of the OMNIFETs of ST nor any explanation regarding direct short circuits in the datasheet.

Or if is it recommended for my case to use another part numbers similar to VNS3NV04P.

Regards.

0 REPLIES 0