cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUSB4500 Behavior Issues

NCarb.1
Associate

I've set up two different STUSB4500 ICs, my first board, when plugged in will fluctuate its output (measured from the output of the MOSFET) from 0 to 5V every few seconds or so. 

EDIT: I went probing on this first board and found the 100K resistor was reading around 300 Ohms, I took it off and measured it and it read 100K. Just to be cautious I replaced it with another 100K resistor. I measure again from the board and read ~300Ohms. The device only outputs 5V (measured from the output of the MOSFET). The 100K resistor on the second board reads 100K from when measured on the board, not sure what's going on here, they should read exactly the same.

The second board has no output from the MOSFET but I can measure a constant 5V from the 4.7uF input capacitor between the USB-C port and the input of the MOSFET.

I know that the schematic/layout works because I have had a previous board with the same layout etc that worked without any issues. For reference, I've included the schematic that I've implemented. I'm puzzled why these are not working right out of the gate. Any help/recommendations would be appreciated.

0693W000006FgyMQAS.png

0 REPLIES 0