cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STF80N10F7 still active or obsolete? Does STMicroelectronics still going to manufacture it? Also, whom should I reach to ask this product? thanks

JDe G.2
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The STF80N10F7 has indeed been discontinued, But there is a possible alternative in the same, fully insulated housing (TO-220FP): STF100N10F7. It has a slightly lower Rdson, but is also slightly slower due to a larger total gate charge.

The STF100N10F7 is in full production, but the supply situation for all MOSFETs is currently very tight due to the immense worldwide demand.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Obsolete

Local ST sales and support office? Distributors or Representatives?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JDe G.2
Associate II

I dont exactly know their phone number. I saw on their website: 1 (844) STMICRO. I dont know how to reach them out. Do you know their phone number or email? thanks

I don't know where you're located, or anyone in the transistor groups

Still, if you have no direct business relationship with them you're unlikely to be doing enough volume to get the plant back online. As I recall DigiKey and Mouser used to carry, so perhaps they can suggest alternatives.

Perhaps look for news related to the plant, and if the production or IP was transferred to another company. Or second sources like Inchange or Vishay, etc.

If you've got a product using these, you should perhaps be redesigning it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JDe G.2
Associate II

I am located at South Milwaukee WI. I saw in Digikey and mouser that they are obsolete and end of life. I just wanted to make sure that this part is really obsolete so i wanted to contact the manufacturer itself. If its really obsolete, redesigning is the last option I would consider.

The STF80N10F7 has indeed been discontinued, But there is a possible alternative in the same, fully insulated housing (TO-220FP): STF100N10F7. It has a slightly lower Rdson, but is also slightly slower due to a larger total gate charge.

The STF100N10F7 is in full production, but the supply situation for all MOSFETs is currently very tight due to the immense worldwide demand.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you. I appreciate it

Great! If the problem is resolved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best under your preferred answer. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

> 1 (844) STMICRO. ... Do you know their phone number ...?

That is a phone number!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoneword