cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help Needed: Project Recovery in SPC5 Studio

LuciferD
Associate II

Hello all,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to seek urgent assistance regarding a recent issue I encountered with my SPC5 Studio.

Recently, I updated my SPC5 Studio, only to find that it began malfunctioning. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the software. However, as a newcomer to SPC5 Studio, I was unaware that this action might result in the removal of my projects from the workspace.

Upon reinstalling the software, to my dismay, I discovered that my project was nowhere to be found. This has left me in a state of shock and distress, as the project contained months of diligent effort.

I'm reaching out to this community in the hopes that someone might be able to offer guidance or assistance in recovering my project. Any help or advice would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Lucifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi,

From your post is not clear from which version to which version you reinstalled SPC5Studio.

In any case, if some components are updated, you need to regenerate your code to update to the latest version.

If you used the standard folder, the projects are in "..\Workspace". It may well be that with the new installation you get a new workspace folder and therefore you do not see your old project. In this case just go and check other workspace folders on C: drive to look for your old project.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi,

From your post is not clear from which version to which version you reinstalled SPC5Studio.

In any case, if some components are updated, you need to regenerate your code to update to the latest version.

If you used the standard folder, the projects are in "..\Workspace". It may well be that with the new installation you get a new workspace folder and therefore you do not see your old project. In this case just go and check other workspace folders on C: drive to look for your old project.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team