cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LSM6DSO on STEVAL-MKI109V3 with Unico GUI 9.7.1.0

Carsten1
Associate II

Hallo everybody,

I'm still very inexperienced with the board and the tools.

I start Unico and contact the STEVAL-MKI109V3 and get the following error:

Please can someone give me a hint on how I can update the STEVAL-MKI109V3 board and where I can get the latest firmware from?

I have already installed the STM32CubeProgrammer.

When trying to switch the STEVAL-MKI109V3 board into DFU mode, the board appears in the Windows 10 Device Manager as "STM32 BOOTLOADER".

Many thanks

Carsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carsten1
Associate II

Hallo Eleon,

thank you for the quick answer. I solved the Problem. Since the  STEVAL-MKI109V3 board went into the Bootloader-Mode instead of the DFU mode I wrote the *.bin-file which I found in the UNICO-DIR into the Device. And now it works.

So thanks a lot and have a nice weekend...

Best regards

Carsten

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Carsten​ , I cannot see the error message in your post (you should upload the screenshot via the Image button you can find in the bottom bar). Btw, to set the STEVAL-MKI109V3 board in DFU mode you have to:

1. press buttons BT3 (Reset) and BT2 together
  2. first release BT3 and then release BT2 
  3. connect the USB cable to the board and to the PC

Then you can follow the instructions in the attached video on how to set the STM32 Programmer to download the .bin FW file on a board via DFU.

Please note that if you have the drivers of the DfuSe demo tool installed, they may conflict with the one of the STM32Programmer.

Regards

Carsten1
Associate II

Hallo Eleon,

thank you for the quick answer. I solved the Problem. Since the  STEVAL-MKI109V3 board went into the Bootloader-Mode instead of the DFU mode I wrote the *.bin-file which I found in the UNICO-DIR into the Device. And now it works.

So thanks a lot and have a nice weekend...

Best regards

Carsten