cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unico_GUI Board Detection and Input Data Formatting

ZoeTakacs
Associate II

Hi all, 

I was just wondering if anyone had some insight into what the Unico-GUI is looking for to identify a board before it makes a connection. Is it simply looking for a specific formatting of serial output information or does it need to identify the board somehow? I have made some custom firmware for my STEVAL-MKI109V3 board with the STEVAL-MKI227KA sensor board and want to see the data being output via Serial Output manipulated in Unico-GUI. I can see the data in TeraTerm but Unico-GUI simply says "Board not identified". 

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZoeTakacs ,

Have you flashed the STEVAL-MKI109V3 with your own firmware?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, I realize now that there is some initial communication and configuration which the ProfliMems firmware is setup to handle which my firmware does not. Will have to find another way to visualize the data, if anyone has any suggestions? 

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZoeTakacs ,

Unfortunately what you are doing is not allowed by Unico that doesn't support custom firmware.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.