cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turnkey gesture recognition STSW-IMG035 library port to RISC-V Chips

Baze
Associate II

Is there anyway to port the libGesturesMZ.a library to RISC-V or provide source code for this? Currently only can be used with Arm Cortex chips and we want to be able to use the VL53L5 sensor with Risc-V chip the standard code to operate VL53L5 is processor agnostic, but the library to power gesture control is not. Let me know best path forward. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I do not know who Tesla DeLorean is, but he is exactly right.

The claim was made that if a customer wanted that code, and we could build it with either our Keil or IAR complier, that we would do it.

Send an email to me at john.kvam@st.com and include everything you know about your processor.

Extra credit it you can tell me how many units you are building.

Include your address as I have to get sales involved.

And if you buy your parts through a distributor, tell me who that is.

I can get sales to push the matter.

This will be the first time we've actually had to do this, so it might not be quick. But I will try.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Well I don't think they're going to release source, there's too much IP and trade-secret stuff in such things.

If you're doing enough volume of business you should talk to your local sales rep, or FAE, and see if you can convince them to recompile the source on a platform/configuration/compiler which is suitable.

@John E KVAM​ any prospect of a MIPS or RISC-V compile of the libraries?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I do not know who Tesla DeLorean is, but he is exactly right.

The claim was made that if a customer wanted that code, and we could build it with either our Keil or IAR complier, that we would do it.

Send an email to me at john.kvam@st.com and include everything you know about your processor.

Extra credit it you can tell me how many units you are building.

Include your address as I have to get sales involved.

And if you buy your parts through a distributor, tell me who that is.

I can get sales to push the matter.

This will be the first time we've actually had to do this, so it might not be quick. But I will try.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.
Baze
Associate II

@Community member​ @John E KVAM​ 

Thanks again for your quick response. Will be reaching out to you John.

-B